The majority of people seemed to be saying that they preferred PDF because when the wish to sew something strikes one really doesn't have the time to waste a week looking longingly at the letterbox waiting for the postman to arrive with instructions. So that's the format that the Tabitha Bag pattern will be available in.
I've absolutely loved writing and designing this pattern - so thank you to the lovelies that nudged me to do it.
So, for those that are interested in purchasing a copy here are the details:
- The Tabitha Bag is available as an instant-download PDF.
- It has bullet-points for those that like their instructions concise and to the point...
- ...With notes in between in italics for those who like a more wordy explanation with tips and reassurance.
- Each point has one or more hand-drawn black & white diagrams to save on printer ink, with colour photos only appearing when a step might be particuarly challenging to interpret without.
- The pattern pieces are full-size and can be printed out on A4 paper (portrait, not landscape, orientation) with no need to enlarge them.
- The instructions include detailed explanations on how the pattern pieces should be cut and labelled, as well as an explanation of any terms that pop up during the pattern.
- In terms of what level of sewer the Tabitha bag might be suitable for, I would suggest intermediate to advanced. It is a challenging bag to make in that there are so many pieces to it, many of which require being aligned very precisely for it to come together looking perfect.
- The PDF will cost £6.50 (that's just over $9.50 USD)
and is for personal use onlyUpdated 15/03/10: small independent businesses are very welcome to sell bags made from this pattern on the condition that a credit to my pattern is given in the item description when selling online.
It has taken a huge amount of work to put this pattern together and has been written and tested, rewritten and re-tested several times. However, if you have any problems with it then please do let me know, so that I can smooth them out as quickly as possible.
As ever, you don't need a PayPal account to pay for this pattern - PayPal accepts credit and debit cards. Once you've paid, PayPal will take you to a page where you can download the pattern instantly, by clicking on the link provided. You will also receive an email containing the same link.
If you get the chance, I would absolutely love to see any photos you have of your finished bag.