It looked a little plain like this, so I added the ribbon that was shown in the original pattern, but centrally, rather than to the side to facilitate cardigan wearing without mysterious bulges.
The fabric is a very densely patterned Liberty lawn...a couple of weeks ago I used this fabric with a different sewing pattern and the pleats and yoke were swallowed by the print and the final top looked awful (which was frustrating as the muslin version was lovely). However, I think the fabric works for this top, where it has little detail other than gathering and bound edges.
I originally bought 1.5 metres of each of these Liberty prints with some gift vouchers that my lovely Mama had given me in March...the happy thing about making things for warmer weather is that with no sleeves, you need less material...making four tops (with some to spare) from three metres of material seems inexpensive even when using Liberty lawn (or it would be if they were all wearable). The unhappy thing about them is that they show off my skin to be pastry coloured...a little sun would be a nice thing.
I'll leave you with the delicious picture of this top from the Japanese pattern book (you can see here, how much more flowing the original is):
Wishing you a lovely weekend and thank you so much if you choose to vote for my top.