Friday, 18 June 2010

Indecision


This is what is so completely dreamy about a mannequin...being able to take lots of random, unstitched fabric pieces and pin them on to the clothes horse in such a way that you have just enough of an end-result-visualisation that you can be saved from sartorial errors. Sometimes laying ribbons next to a metre of fabric just isn't quite enough. So should I go for mustardy-yellow, as above...it's a contender.


Or fine blue gingham...


Or...heavens, no! The mannequin has done it's job...this one, which looked fine when laid side by side, is revealed to be truly hideous once given the 3D treatment.


Or would it really be so dull to just use some self-binding and go plain? My heart tells me this is what I love most. My head tells me I am Mrs Dull of Dullsville.
Any thoughts?

Oh, and thank you so much for all the comments on the Heavenly Shirring of the last post...while I don't think one shirred dress maketh an expert, I've had quite a few comments and emails confessing to nerves and worries over shirring which I shared just a few short days ago...when actually in reality it's so easy. So next week I'll rustle up a tutorial on shirring...if you can wait that long...for some of you had your own sudden urgent need to shirr and may well be whizzing about with elastic as I type.

Happy Friday,
Florence x

21 comments:

  1. Yellow or self-binding. Why not make two?

    (have to dash - child needs breakfast)
    mwah! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Florence, I love the self binding, looks very sophisticated

    x

    Catherine H (still not sorted out my google identity)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I like the pale blue binding because the chances are you're going to be wearing it with blue or another neutral colour, so it won't limit what you wear it with, unlike the yellow. Gosh - funny how it's easier to decide for other people than yourself!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is very greatful and informatic helpful Can I quote a post in your blog with the link to you? i want to book mark it.

    Thanks
    aleix
    http://www.indiatravelstours.com/
    india tour tavel,rajasthan tour in india, kings lodge resort bangvargarth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow looks cute and fun; self binding is more under-stated. All three still in the running are good. Depends on the look you have in your mind's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yellow is my fave, and I've come out of lurkdom to say so. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yellow, definitely yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yellow is lovely - very Joules.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another vote for the yellow here...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to vote for the light blue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ilike the self- binding but perhaps I'm a little unadventurous?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that yellow if you are feeling outgoing, or the pale blue if you are feeling more understated! I'm obviously not sophisticated enough to appreciate the self-binding : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the yellow binding which I think will look even nicer/more striking with a person in it or otherwise I like the self-binding because (pinching from other comments) it's sophisticated and understated - but not boring!
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  14. My vote is for the light blue ribbon - it's subtle but not boring. Looking forward to seeing final photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I say the yellow or the light blue. Which isn't really picking one, but there you are...

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got to go with what your most comfortable with, after all you've got to wear it. I like the last one too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely the light blue - looks so classy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Self binding gets my vote, very elegant.

    Looking forward to some shirring, have just completed a dress and am raring to go with another ... (no pressure!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wear black shirts with jeans most of the time, so feel free to ignore my advice, but I say follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Be daring and go with the mustardy yellow - so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely yellow - it really makes the dots pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - it's always really lovely to hear from people.

I now tend to reply within the comments section, so please do check back if you've asked a question or wish to chat.

Florence x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...