Sunday, 11 July 2010

Memories from my weekend in no particular order...


Drinking champagne with my sister, to the sounds of Billie Holiday and the sight of these beautiful hydrangea.


Getting up late to find that she and Zebra-girl had filled the table with fruit, smoothies, yoghurt, dates and so many other very good breakfasty things.


Going to watch my lovely husband sing, while sat at a table overflowing with friends and family and rather too much to drink.


Lighting a bonfire at half-past midnight and sitting out eating Marmite and melted cheese on toast.


Watching the wonderful ballerinas from the Royal Ballet School perform in their annual matinee with my sister, Zebra-girl and lovely Mama.


And the happiness of sitting on the sofa wearing the new nightie that my sister bought for me, adoring the little lines of pintucking that run around just above the hem, and looking through photos from an utterly wonderful weekend.

Memories not pictured here:- a couple of sunlit hours spent in the park with my sister and Zebra-girl; eating amazing food in a quirky new restaurant; spotting peacocks in Holland Park; a scrambled egg breakfast rustled up by Mr Teacakes; lunch in the garden with friends beneath a very wonky parasol (with one person on keeping-the-parasol-upright duty at all times); seeing a sweaty-headed Dinosaur-boy asleep in my father's arms after staying up too late; eating peanut butter ice-cream from the most wonderful ice-cream shop imaginable; my mobile phone beeping as lovely pictures arrived from Mr Teacakes of the bike rides that he and Dinosaur-boy were taking. While some weekends seem to disappear in a haze of uneventful time happily frittered away, others seem to be packed full of a summer's-worth of treats.

What did you get up to?

Florence x

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect weekend, one to remember :) We celebrated our daughters 6th birthday, and had some magical moments watching her and her lovely friends singing Abba whilst painting pottery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend you've had! Thanks for sharing memories of it with us. Here in Birmingham, we enjoyed the sunny, warm weather; played outdoors in bare feet and sipped lots of cold, minty Pimms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like an utterly fabulous weekend! Mine has been rather a schizophrenic blend of activity and inertia - on Saturday I got up virtuously early and went to the archives to hunt for some history, then today I slept in and did a great deal of knitting whilst listening to podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite busy and lovely weekend for you. Just dropping a note to say that I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary said
    My weekend - started with my youngest daughters school leavers disco friday night, all had a lovely time. Saturday, after my husband had played golf we headed off for a blisful afternoon on one of my favourite beaches (West Wittering - anyone been there?) playing with the children in the sea which was heavenly warm, playing frisbee and bat and ball. Like the good old days. Yesterday went on a gorgeous (albeit hot) bike ride for breakfast and then sat in the garden with a glass of wine reading my book 'The Secret Life Of Bees' (can recommend) and then for a bbq before the world cup final (which i didn't watch). Like you say Florence it was one of those fabulous weekends where time drifted on and on. Only 2 more weeks at work before we break for the summer x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend, Florence. The lovely weather has been good for all of us I think. (Raining here now though)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny Florence, I have just blogged and asked the same question of everyone's weekend. Even more funny is the fact that I also went to see my lovely chap singing his heart out! Such special memories x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny Florence, I have just blogged and asked the same question of everyone's weekend. Even more funny is the fact that I also went to see my lovely chap singing his heart out! Such special memories x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - it's always really lovely to hear from people.

I now tend to reply within the comments section, so please do check back if you've asked a question or wish to chat.

Florence x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...