Friday, 13 August 2010

A little spriteliness


Well, I said I'd be back on Monday, but after yesterday's somewhat sleepy post, I thought I'd share a little of something that's made me happy and feel a tiny bit more spritely today. Sew, Mama, Sew! who have long been one of my favourite fabric shops, as well as favourite blogs, have just started carrying some of my PDF sewing patterns. You can find them here, where they are available for instant download...and what's really lovely is that as well as having the most amazing array of quilting fabrics to choose from, they also carry an selection of beautifully-coloured linens, a material which features in both of my patterns (scroll down to the bottom for unpatterned ones).


I very clearly remember when I first stumbled upon Sew, Mama, Sew! several years ago, a few months before I started writing my own blog. It was shortly after reading The Crafter's Companionand finding that there was a whole world of craft blogging out there that I hadn't known existed. (I also came across Heather Bailey's blog around the same time and felt giddy with the loveliness of her fabrics and the things that she made...yes, the beautiful fabrics, that weren't available on my highstreet at that time were also a revelation). I think that the Sew, Mama, Sew! blog had been going for less than a year at that point, but still I spent a whole evening trawling through their archives, unable to believe that so much sewing goodness had been being shared and documented in one place, without my ever having previously known of its existence. It was like discovering that there was life on Mars (also known as the Internet) and that the Martians spoke a language that was not just entirely comprehensible, but that had been completely lacking, but much needed, in the lexicon of my every day life. Obviously the SMS! blog has grown a little since then and I have long admired how on earth Kristin et al make it all happen (it seems that she works alongside a team of sewing enthused elves who I have found go about their business calmly and with complete warmth).

I would love be a little more cool or to feel that of course they would want to stock my patterns. But that's not actually how I feel at all. To have my patterns sitting on the virtual shelves of Sew, Mama, Sew!'s beautifully stocked shop feels like a big thing for me: I'm really happy.

Wishing you a lovely weekend,

Florence x

(My patterns are, of course, still available for sale on my own blog).

7 comments:

  1. Of course it is a big thing and you should be as excited and as chuffed as you feel.... I would be dancing around the room....
    You do such lovely patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so wonderful!! I'd be over the moon, who doesn't love Sew Mama Sew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is very exciting. I hope that you do well there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your fabric choices alone always inspire me; throw a sweet pattern into the mix and ho boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm not surprised that they chose to stock your patterns, mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh that is so cool news! You're fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, so pleased for you. You deserve to be on there after all te hard work you do. I know a hobby of the sort that eclipes your whole life but you deserve recognition for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a message - it's always really lovely to hear from people.

I now tend to reply within the comments section, so please do check back if you've asked a question or wish to chat.

Florence x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...