It's now several years since I began making herb tea sachet holders - first for myself, then as gifts and then later still for my shop. And finally, I've created a pattern for them so that, if you'd like, you can make some too. The design has changed a little - it's simpler and easier-to-sew...and actually, I think, far lovelier. I dispensed with the velcro closure as I was aware that people may not have so many colours of velcro in their stash to co-ordinate with (I do seem to have an excessive array). I also streamlined the shape to make it more suitable for men as well as women. They're the perfect way to transport your favourite tea sachets without them ending up looking old and sorry in the bottom of a handbag or pocket and I've found it makes a thoughtful and much appreciated gift for any herb tea drinker.
Here are the vital statistics:
- This is a PDF pattern. The moment you've paid for it, it's yours to download and print.
- All pattern pieces are included
- Full instructions and step-by-step photographs are included
- It uses very small amounts of fabric and is quick to make
- It is fully lined
- It can be made using a standard button or a self-covered button (full instructions included)
- It has a button closure, although if you dislike creating buttonholes it also suggests how you can go about creating a mock-button closure and finish it with a snap or press-stud instead.
- It has a finished size of 4" high x 3⅜” wide. It's been designed to best fit teabags with an approximate size of 3" high x 2½” wide, although it should accommodate sachets a little bigger if needed.
- It will hold 3 or 4 teabag sachets