Lis iPhone Holder Pattern / Tutorial PDF
Over the course of the last month I've been beavering away on a pattern for an iPhone holder, but every time I tried to work on it I'd decide that actually it needed redesigning and then a custom order would come in and somehow the pattern kept getting pushed to one side...somehow this process ended up in there being 8 different prototypes, but happily the deliberation is all over now and the pattern has been tested several times over and I have made four lovely iPhone holders from the final version and am hoping that it's as easy to follow as I think it might be.
This morning I made up one more for Zebra girl who borrows Mr Teacakes old iPod Touch...it's a little shorter and slimmer than the iPhone, but it's still a really good fit (UPDATED: I think the most recent 2011 version of the iPod Touch has a smaller circumference and so consquently the Lis may be a little too wide for it to fit without some adjustment. It continues to be a good fit for all versions of iPhone though). She is yet to see it, but I was hoping that she would like the bright, zingy prints...and perhaps she will use the pocket for secret notes rather than credit cards.
If you're interested in buying a copy of the PDF pattern then here are the details:
- I am completely happy for you to sell any iPhone holders that you make from this pattern (as long as you are a small, independent business....no corporate giants!)
- While it may be helpful to print out the instructions, the iPhone holder is made from a series of rectangles and so a printer isn't necessary for printing out any pattern pieces.
- If you follow the instructions carefully and cut with precision, then this pattern should be challenging, but perfectly do-able, for a relatively new sewer.
- The PDF can be downloaded instantly, so you can get straight on with making the holder.
- The PDF pattern costs £6.50 (that's approximately $9.50 USD), and this price includes the right for small-scale sellers to sell any iPhone holders made from this pattern.
- The cost of this pattern is non-refundable.
If you do make any iPhone holders from this pattern then I would absolutely love to see photos of them, if you have the time/inclination to send me any!
As ever, you don't need a PayPal account to pay for this pattern - PayPal accepts credit and debit cards. Once you've paid, PayPal will take you to a page where you can download the pattern instantly, by clicking on the link provided. You will also receive an email containing the same link.
UPDATE: Apple release new phones annually, and I believe this pattern may now only be suited to those of a similar size to the iPhone 4. Subsequent phones, such as the iPhone 6, have very different dimensions and this is highly unlikely to fit them.