Sesame Doorstop Pattern PDF
Sometimes it's easy to think up names for patterns...but this one proved a little more difficult. I thought literally and laterally, and then thought a little longer, until suddenly the 'Open Sesame!' exclamation as a door is finally opened popped into my mind...so this is the Sesame Doorstop Pattern.
I first started making doorstops several years ago and have given them countless times to friends and family as gifts (they make a perfect present for someone who seems to have everything...and I've always enjoyed picking out colours and fabrics that I think might fit into the person's home), as well as selling them in my own shop.
When I first sewed the square and cross that attaches the handle to the top of the doorstop, I can remember the tingle of delight I felt at this little detail, which I'd seen on a doorstop in a shop several months earlier. It's a detail that still delights me, having made over forty doorstops since then.
So here's all the information you might need about the pattern:
- The pattern costs £3.50 (which is around $5 US dollars or €4 Euros)
- It has full instructions and illustration photographs (small, to be easy on the printer ink)
- The finished doorstop measures 7" high x 5" wide
- If you cut carefully, the doorstop can be made from just one skinny quarter of fabric (that's 9" x 44")
- You can use quilting cotton, home dec, or upholstery-weight fabric to make this doorstop
- The doorstop can be filled with anything from sand to dried lentils and beans
- Small businesses and online shops are welcome to sell any doorstops that they make from this pattern
- You can download the pattern instantly.
- Payment is completely secure through PayPal - you do not need a PayPal account, as they accept Visa or debit cards too
If you want to share any pictures of doorstops that you make then I'd be delighted to see them. You can either email them to me or drop them into my Flickr pool here.